The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering and the Department of Chemical Engineering offer two Bachelor of Science degree programs accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET (http://www.abet.org) - Chemical Engineering and Electrical Engineering. In addition, the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering offers one unaccredited Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering.
Our faculty possess Ph.D. degrees from renowned universities and the programs offer high faculty / student ratio, paid undergraduate research experiences, and merit-based scholarships. Our graduates enjoy very high job placement rate, and many go on to graduate school.
- The Bachelor of Science Degree Program in Engineering was first established in 1969 within the Division of Technology; that program was discontinued in 1972
- Hampton University re-established a campus based engineering programs in the Fall of 1983 with Bachelor of Science degree programs in Chemical Engineering and Electrical Engineering
- The Department of Engineering was established in July 1986
- The Chemical and Electrical Engineering programs received accreditation by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology Program (ABET) in 1992
- The School of Engineering and Technology was established in July 1995 with Chemical, Electrical Engineering, Architecture, and Aviation Departments
- The Computer Engineering program graduated its first students in May of 2004